Wednesday, February 22, 2012
While you were sleeping...
WE HAD A BABY!!!!! :) Reese Elizabeth Sautter was born on January 25th, 2012 at 9:06 pm. Tevin actually delivered her! I know, what did we pay the doctor for? Haha, just kidding! The doctor was standing right there telling Tev what to do and Tev was a pro! Having a baby was so much different than I thought it would be, or maybe it is better to say that I act totally different than I thought I would. It all started seconds, seriously, after she was born. So, as soon as she was delivered, they put her right on my chest as they cut her umbilical cord and started to wipe her off. All of the sudden I was a mom and this tiny baby in front of me was mine. I was almost in shock and just watched everything happen without saying much. Soon enough they took her to the corner of the room and wiped her off and Tevin put her very first diaper on her and then they swaddled her. I watched them doing all of this and the only thing I could do was cry. CRY? I don't cry. Wrong, I used to never cry. Now, I cry. Anyway, the only thing I could do was watch as I realized our little miracle was finally here and she was all ours. When Tevin handed her to me and I got to see her little face, I have never been so happy! I was with my best friend in the whole world and I was holding our daughter, we were a family!! Oh, it was the best feeling ever! Since that day time has seemed to fly by! She is a four weeks old!! I've been able to stay at home with Reese everyday and I LOVE it!! She is already growing so much! She has the most adorable smile when she gets really happy! She also has little smiles when she is asleep. My mom says she probably has gas, I choose to think she is having pleasant dreams! Reese definitely has her mom's lungs, she can be loud. Just like me. :) Poor Tevin, two loud girls. She is really a good baby and she is so fun to cuddle! The only problem we have found is that she hasn't quite figured out when nighttime is. She is pretty sure that she should sleep all day and be awake all night. Yep! The past couple nights she has been better, which is great, but the first three weeks have been tiring. So, between the fun cuddles, the adorable smiles and all of her cuteness, she doesn't sleep at night very well. We have been trying a lot of different things and it has been getting better and I am not so tired all the time now. So, Tevin and I have been on this little whirlwind of an adventure called parenthood and we are only at the beginning. But so far, I'm pretty sure everything we have learned has been while you were sleeping. Well, hopefully you were sleeping! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love hearing about your little family!
ReplyDeleteLove you lots, T-Dawg!