"A day without laughter is a day wasted."

— Charlie Chaplin

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Alicia's Socks

If I were to write a blog about my best friends, it would a LONG, entertaining, emotional and maybe inspiring post. Mostly because I have had some crazy adventures with those closest to me. My very best friends can be counted on one hand and they include Alicia, Sum and my mom. But today I can't write forever about all three of them so I am going to write a little about Alicia. Why? Well because there is a substantial amount that I can write. You could say we have been through it all. Well, we haven't, we are both pretty young and hopefully our friendship will endure much more than it already has.
Alica and I have been friends since seventh grade. TEN whole years! That is a long time to have a best friend, right? I think so. We have had sleepovers, watched movies,gone running, attended family reunions, doubled on dates, cried to each other, carried a bed spread back from Target on a scooter, made wedding cakes, argued, taken pictures, danced like crazy people, watched each other play softball or talk in church. We have also had a BAJILLION more adventures, there are just too many to count. And now? We are roommates in good ole' Rexburg. Life is good here in #113. We all get along pretty well and we are learning from each other every day. Now, Alicia and I remain best friends. Our relationship has changed over the years. Changed? Why that can't be good! Wrong! Our friendship is only better. Whether or not we have the same last name of our family trees say we are not in the same family... we are. She is as much a part of my family to me as any of my brothers. She is always there when I need her and she drives me nuts sometimes just like my brothers do. BUT, I would NOT be the same person I am today without her influence in my life. Along with others, she has helped shape me into the person that I hope to one day become. Her love for life and desire to accomplish anything she believes in has inspired me to do a lot in my life. She is a dear friend and always will be.
Alicia is doing her student-teaching next semester and this is the last time we will ever live together. We are both growing up and we are soon going to have to TRY and be adults. That is okay because she is my best friend and I know she will ALWAYS be there for me and I hop she feels the same way in return.
Now, you may be wondering what inspired this post? Well, I asked Alicia what I should blog about today. She told me her socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment